2015年11月6日星期五

Earlier today, the All Games Beta Twitter pointed out that Square Enix Europe’s original Final Fantasy 8 promotional website is somehow still live.
My candy cigar fell unheeded from my lips as I rushed to confirm. There it was, exactly as I remembered it – down to the (very) pre-HD resolution. Look at it drowning in my modest browser window.
When you get into the main body of the site, it doesn’t tell you what’s available. You have to mouse over the character portraits to reveal links to various sections. This is how web pages used to be; you had to work to find content, because we lived in the future and were damn well going to find ways to make interactivity more interactive.
I can’t believe this site still works. I can’t believe you can still download screensavers – for PC and Mac! I think I was 15 or 16 when I first saw this website, madly anticipating the PlayStation event of the year. I remember talking it over in art class with my pal Nghia, who enthused over its “Resident Evil graphics” and the fact that it came on four discs. Four discs. These are the kinds of features gamers cared about in 1999.

Buy ffxiv gil http://www.mmoxe.com/FFXIV/    8% discount code--HIMMO

没有评论:

发表评论